Prize Draw Rules
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Prize Draw Notices (as defined below) are the Prize Draw Rules ("Rules") and apply to Prize Draws ("Prize Draw") featuring in any breffo.com publications and/or on any Breffo.com Today series Internet siteunless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Prize Draw are displayed in a notice on the page for such Prize Draw ("Prize Draw Notice") or in a notice in which the Prize Draw appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Prize Draw Notice, the Prize Draw Notice shall prevail.
3. Breffo.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or the Rules without notice in the event of a act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Breffo.com’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Prize Draw Notice.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Prize Draw, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Prize Draw you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, USA, Canada and/or European Union. The address you provide with your Prize Draw entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct, this must be a residential or business address ONLY.
6. Employees of Breffo.com (Astute Innovation Ltd) or any associated company of Breffo.com and their immediate families, persons connected with the Prize Draw/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Prize Draw, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence will be required if the Prize Draw prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Prize Draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Breffo.com reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Breffo.com assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Prize Draw (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Prize Draw and these Rules.
10. Breffo.com reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Prize Draw, Breffo.com in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
Prize Draw Entries
12. Only one entry per person per Prize Draw is allowed (except where the Prize Draw Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Breffo.com discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Breffo.com reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Prize Draw entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Prize Draw. There is no charge to register with a Breffo.com Today website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Breffo.com cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
17. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Breffo.com does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
Prizes will be delivered via an insured Courier service and the prize winner must sign for the delivery.
19. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Prize Draw Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Prize Draw Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. A winner will be fairly and randomly using the Wispond.com app. Wishpond is a third Party company not associated with Breffo.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Prize Draw winner(s)’ names may be published in the Breffo.com publication in which the Prize Draw appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
23. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Breffo.com and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Prize Draw Notice and must be observed. Breffo.com reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, Duty, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
26. Breffo.com does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Breffo.com will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Prize Draw Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Prize Draw.
27. In consideration of Breffo.com agreeing to consider entrants to the Prize Draw, each entrant hereby agrees that Breffo.com (and third parties authorised by Breffo.com) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Breffo.com (and third parties authorised by Breffo.com) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. Breffo.com does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Breffo.com may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Breffo.com reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. Breffo.com cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting any prize. Breffo.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Prize Draw. Nothing shall exclude Breffo.com’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Breffo.com reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Breffo.com for a reasonable period after the Prize Draw closes to assist Breffo.com to operate Prize Draws in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Prize Draw.
33. By providing Breffo.com with your personal data you consent to Breffo.com transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Breffo.com does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
34. The Prize Draw and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The entrant is responsible for ensure they are eligible and legally allowed to enter the Prize draw in their respective country of residence.